Friday, March 09, 2007

You've said it all....

Overall, I thought DU's performance this evening was better than the last three games. I thought they worked a bit harder and kept pace with the Badgers. Several observations from tonight:
-Trotter (aka One Man Team) really needs to start passing...I know he thinks he's the best player ever, but he's not getting it done right now. I've seen so many lost scoring opportunities because Trotter has elected to make a selfish play...
-Where the hell was Mannino tonight? Yes he made 34 saves tonight, but he allowed 3 VERY soft goals...
-Seabrook was probably one of the best players on the ice for DU tonight. He had good defensive zone coverage and had several great hard shots and good checks.
-DU dressed 5 defensemen Thomas, Veideman, Butler, Seabrook, and Brookwell. Oddly enough, Vossberg was listed as a defensemen, but I don't recall seeing him on the ice at all...Meanwhile Marcuzzi and Blom did not dress and Mullen, who recently has been playing defense was out with Mono...it just doesn't get any easier on defense and I fear next year will be much worse with the departure of at least one, more like two, key defensemen.
-The crowd was AMAZING!
-Brian Elliott turned in another great performance...i'll be glad when he graduates...

Looking forward to game 2...hopefully the players wake up some more and realize it's do and die...win the rest of the series or miss the NCAA tourney.....

2 comments:

MrsMct said...

Fans seem negative and you may wear a hat. Cheer get out there and be a part of the game. The kids played well and tonight will be another effort. I love all the players and the freshman played their hearts out. The only ones showing up and not ready to do their best are the fans.

csmith10du said...

I think perhaps some of my negativity comes from seeing soft plays and knowing that this team has so much talent that the outcomes of games should be better. I whole-heartedly agree that the team did a great job last night and deserved far better...As far as the players go, there are really only a handful that I think could be doing much better (obviously Trotter is one of those) but on the whole, this is a hard working team with great leadership. I also agree that the fans at Magness are the least inspiring in the WCHA and need some work. Personally, I'm one of those "annoying" yelling almost constantly in a completely dead section kind of fans...in fact i yell so much at games that my throat hurts for days following games...Thanks for the though provoking comment!