Friday, May 19, 2006

One step closer to the Edge...

Been terribly busy at work…some quick thoughts for today…

-Unfortunately San Jose is out of the playoffs. They lost on Wednesday 2-0 on Edmonton’s home ice. Great win for Edmonton though and their “Cinderella” story continues. I always found it interesting that the term Cinderella story was applied to sports teams...
-Edmonton faces Anaheim tonight at 7pm MST. I will be rooting for Edmonton. It’s Ryan Smyth’s mullet really that swayed my allegiance. It’s just so beautiful…but also my utter disdain for Teemu Selanne had a big part too. It’s heartening to know that he lost his team while playing the US in the Olympics…
-The Buffalo Sabres and the Carolina Hurricanes meet tomorrow at 12pm MST in the Eastern Conference Finals. I’m gonna have to go with Buffalo on this one. I have already expounded greatly on all the attributes of Ryan Miller. Not to mention former Av Chris Drury is just plain getting it done for Buffalo. I also love Daniel Briere…
-In other news, Matt Carle was named the Male Student-Athlete of the Year at DU. Another nice award for him to wrap up his college career.

Ryan “the Mullet” Smyth Picture of the Day
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: