Thursday, April 06, 2006

Frozen Four (cont)

Boy was I wrong on the NoDak/BC game…here’s what I forgot, Parise has lots of playoff experience, but he has this terrible habit of choking in HUGE games…I’m not quite sure how I forgot that after how he played last year in the National Championship game against DU.

So needless to say, NoDak lost 5-6 to BC. It was a crazy game. I got to watch the first period at Spanky’s (the local hockey, I mean sports bar next to campus) during my lunch break. In the first period alone, BC scored 3 unanswered goals. In the second, NoDak was finally able to score, but so did BC. Anyways, long story short, Parise choked, none of the NoDak big names scored, BC’s Chris Collins (one of the Hobey Hat Trick finalists) posted a hat trick, and the biggest surprise perhaps is that Cory Schneider allowed 5 goals. That’s more than he’s allowed in his last 5 games (!).


As for the Wisco/Maine game, a 5-2 loss for Maine (no surprise there!) I was pleasantly surprised by the play of Ben Bishop, the freshman goalie for Maine. At 6’7” he’s a pretty imposing guy and he definitely uses his size to his advantage. The game started with two deflected goals against both teams, oddly enough, both goals were deflected into the net by each teams own defensemen. This was followed by two unanswered goals by Wisco, one shorthanded, and another breakaway. Maine seemed to lose their steam. They got a little back in the third when they were able to score again. But Wisco took control short after. Here’s why I hate Wisconsin: they hate absolutely NO CLASS!!! The Spawn of Satan (aka Robbie Earl) scored an empty net goal with less than two minutes left in the game when Wisco was ahead 4-2 and celebrated like it was a game winner. He just rubbed that shit it like salt on a wound, what an ASSHOLE!!!! If I ever saw him on the street I would definitely kick the shit out of him…it would be so worth being arrested for assault. Another thing, it’s just not right for hockey fans to dance around liked five year olds and not see as single thing wrong with that. Yeah, I’m all for having fun at hockey games, but the entire arena shouldn’t make fools of themselves and hockey fans in general. But I suppose what else are you gonna do in Wisconsin?


My favorite thing seen in the Bradley Center: Sure seeing fat men wearing only paint is thrilling but ever better is seeing a kid with a sign that reads: Lunch at Goolsby's: $25. Two tickets to Frozen Four: $150. Phil Kessel at home watching on TV: Priceless.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA boy they REALLY hate Phil Kessel in Wisconsin (he’s such a traitor), but really, who doesn’t hate Phil Kessel except for Media Homers who have an inexplicable hard on for "talented" ass clowns like Kessel?

No comments: