Thursday, September 14, 2006

A couple things...

First and foremost, I'd like to point your attention to my links section. I have done a little revamping and created a section for DU hockey sites. There you will find links to DU's official site, Let's Go DU blog, and a couple new additions. First is the Unofficial DU site put together by CO14ers. It has lots of information regarding the upcoming season, a countdown to the first game (September 30!), a DU fan Hall of Fame (which I was honored to be considered for!), and a page specifically for hating on CC. PLEASE check it out! Click Here to see the site for yourself!

My second new addition is the Denver Pioneers Message Board. It's a few hardcore DU fans talking about DU hockey without all the whinning of the CC Message Board. Check it out!

Second, I'd like to proclaim to the world that I GOT MY TICKETS!!!!!!!!!! That's right, folks, my 2006-2007 Season Tickets for DU came in the mail yesterday...it was a glorious moment opening that envelope and seeing that shining red booklet...16 days until the puck drops!

Third, in the very near future, I will post some pictures from the Avs Rookie Camp that took place last weekend. PiosAvsFan and I had a blast watching Wolski, Richardson and Stastny. So keep an eye out for those pictures...

Fourth, the Avs Burgandy and White scrimmage is coming up in 5 short days. I will be attending with 6 of my closest friends and family. We'll be sitting in Row 1 of Section 3 if any of my adoring fans want to come visit me. (That was a joke by the way, but seriously if you are there, come say HI! I swear I'm very nice and I don't bite...hard anyway...)

Fifth, the Avs are holding Training Camp this coming weekend. I'll be in attendance on both Saturday and Sunday and will post pictures and obersvations.

Sixth, the Avs Preseason starts next week. I'll be attending two of the three home preseason game (one versus Dallas and one versus Detroit). A big thanks to JB for helping PiosAvsFan and I out with the tickets!

Lastly, I'd like to talk about something that has absolutely nothing to do with hockey! Bear with me please...I'd like to promote a killer up-and-coming band called The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. I had the opportunity to see them live at the Bluebird about three weeks ago and they blew my socks off! It was the most amazing show I have EVER seen! They're music is absolutely amazing...it's hard rock mixed with catchy melodies and a little bit a screamo...I am going to see them again on September 20 when I drive up to Fort Collins. Please check them out! And thanks for bearing with me through that!

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus ... all I have to say is AMAZING