Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Lets take stock....

So it is mid April and my hockey season is over....OVER. The Pioneers didn't make the playoffs so I put all of my hope in to the Avalanche, and there for a while there was a real shot that we could possibly over take the final spot from Calgary....then the team decided "hey its been a while since we really sucked so lets try that again." Picture this, I'm sitting on my new couch with the lucky hockey pj pants on and we are oh so close to winning the game when Budaj lets in like 800 goals and all of the sudden it hits me, I have like five months of no hockey. Yeah I could convert and root for another team, and by another team I mean San Jose...for obvious reasons, but it would just not be the same. So I am currently trying to find out what normal people do on the weekends. I vaguely remember a time when I regularly saw my family and every conversation with friends didn't begin with "Do you have hockey this weekend." The view from where I am sitting is currently dismal.....so now I am counting down the days until the Burgundy and White game. If you are feeling the bleakness and sadness that it the recent hockey situation in Colorado let me know we can wallow in out sadness together....

No comments: