Saturday, April 28, 2007

Round Two, Games Two

-I’m so happy that the NHL is getting time on a major network in the US. Thanks to NBC for that…
-Brett Hull is an asshole…he constantly makes references to his “prolific” (and yes I know he is 20th in all time points…) career while he belittles Ray Ferraro and his career. I’m sick of it…
-Detroit has got the SCORE! I highly doubt they will be able to win the best of seven second round series versus the San Jose Sharks.
-HASEK! Oh wow…that was quite the give away, he’s gonna be kicking the crap out of himself later for that one…
-Datsyuk, oh where oh where have you gone? Remember how you just singed a seven year, $46.9 million (that’s $6.7 million per year)? You did a great job in the first round of showing you deserved it, but have been invisible in these first two games of the second round.
-GO GO MATTY!! (Carle that is…)
-that’s what I’m talking about Datsyuk! Set up Zetterberg and show your value…GREAT play!
-Patrick Rissmiller out of Holy Cross…still makes me laugh that Minnesota sucks so bad….
-Mike Babcock looks really confused throughout this game…that’s probably not a good thing…
-lots of mention of college teams (Holy Cross, Michigan Tech, University of Denver) I love it!
-Pierre MacGuire is surprisingly not as annoying as usual…also he has a pretty big gash on his forehead…perhaps he took a puck to the head?
-seriously Ron Wilson? That is some saweet facial hair you got goin………
-wow Daniel Briere, that is some outfit…blue spandex shirt, taupe stripped jacket…I’m in awe of the terribleness….
-great interview by Danny, excellent job of highlighting the talent on the Sabres, especially classy that he said the Sabres are led by Chris Drury when Briere is in fact the co-captain.
-there are few things better in hockey than a shorthanded goal, especially when the home team is down in the playoffs…
-throwing octopi on the ice is easily one of the grossest things…I would have to be one of the people who has to clean those things off the ice, yuck!
-I really like the Versus/NBC Inside the Glass features. It’s pretty sweet that the teams allow a reporter to basically sit on their benches and listen in…
-ok, Hasek really frightens me (and obviously the fans in Detroit as well) every time he leaves the net to play the puck. Kinda like Marty Turco, he just shouldn’t leave his net, EVER!
-so for the last several weeks, NBC has been pushing a special on Barbaro. Seriously? It’s probably because I don’t really like horses in general but I’m really tired of hearing about this horse in particular. Yes, I understand he was an amazing horse, however, I wonder if the American public really gives a hoot about this horse…
-DATSYUK SCORES! Holy cow that was amazing…
-I <3 Patrick Marleau
-Jimmy Jimmy Dowd!! I miss him…
-I almost forgot how much I enjoyed watching Zach Parise and Travis Zajac…almost
-“There was a time when a two goal lead for New Jersey was money…” seriously?
-Alfredsson shows what being the leader of a team means…this playoff run he’s stepped up when his team has really needed him.
-lol at Martin Brodeur throwing away his glove after allowing 4 goals on his glove side in the first game of the Sens/Devils series
-HEATLY SCORES with 26.4 seconds left in regulation! That’s the best…
-Now in double overtime…John V talking about how hungry the players are since they haven’t eaten since 1pm. It’s about 11:40 in NJ right now….
-Jamie Langenbrunner on the breakaway scores 1:55 in the 2OT! I was pulling for Ottawa but since Langebrunner scored on an outlet pass from Travis Zajac, I guess it’s all good…

No comments: