Friday, April 13, 2007

Random thoughts from the second night of the NHL playoffs

-Seriously Iginla? Now you think you fight? Oh please…stick to “goal scoring” I know you’re trying to get your team (currently down 4-1) motivated for the next game, but don’t break your hands and make yourself useless to your team…
-Kris Draper and Chris Chelios=Two of the ugliest hockey players around….yikes!
-Datsyuk was AMAZING…I guess when a team signs a guy for a 7 year contract, he better make good on that show of confidence…scoring your first goal in 27 playoff games will make an impression!
-I love Eddie Olczyk…he’s probably my favorite color commentary guy on Versus…
-I’ve had Phaneuf of Dion! He’s a goon…and not in a good way……
-I love that Bud Light commercial where the guys do Rock Paper Scissors for the last Bud Light…and the one guy throws a literal rock at the other guy! “Low Five” It’s funny EVERY time! Good thing I like it cuz it was on about a hundred times…
-Henrik Zettterberg=Hot!
-I love when Versus has bonus coverage and they tap into the Canadian broadcasts. Tonight it was the TSN broadcast of the Sabres/Islanders game. My one problem with the broadcast: Pierre MacGuire…he chimes in constantly from the bench, so annoying…plus can we talk about his pink shirt and multi-pastel colored tie? Sorry Pierre, but you’re no Coach Gwozdecky…Pink is NOT your color…….
-DUBIE, DUBIE, DUBIE!
-Speaking of, I REALLY love his all black pads…very classy, very different.
-Three Words: Mullet of Destiny! I’ve really missed seeing Ryan Smyth…
-The number of former College players in the Sabres/Islanders game is astonishing! Not to mention, Miller and Dubielewicz, two of the great College goaltenders in the last decade facing each other…it doesn’t get much better than that!
-HOLY RYAN MILLER POKE CHECK! He blanked the Mullet of Destiny and the crowd erupts!
-Speaking of the crowd, holy moly are they loud! Probably most noticeable when they are booing every time Satan touches the puck…
-I have to admit, the “Buffa-Slug” logo has really grown on me this season. However I REALLY miss the Sabres Third Jerseys from last, the red ones with the crossed sabers on the front.
-Way to go Drew Stafford with the getting kicked out of the game at the end in defense of your teammates. Great game for Drew in general.

1 comment:

Eric J. Burton said...

I love the NCAA playoffs but the NHL beats them hands down. The Pittsburg and Sens is awesome. The Wild and Ducks, Sharks and Predators wow, is all I can say.